Re: lyric syllable skipping a note -- why?

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Re: lyric syllable skipping a note -- why?
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:22:32 -0200

Thank you, Erik
I had figured out that with the help of the archives. I made a similar
construct that worked, and I had to use \oneVoice afterwards.
It seems like Context & Lyrics are sort of a stumbling block for beginners
in Lilypond. I wonder how could we write a "Tutorial for Dummies" in this
part, perhaps I'll pitch in in a near future.

One thing that confuses me is that in lyricmode we are supposed to specify
durations for each lyric syllable (Lilypond.pdf v. 2.7.16), but in many
instances you can do without.

Cheers,

Eduardo