Re: chords in full score

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: chords in full score
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:56:44 +0100

There is support in LilyPond for doing it with two parts, see
8.3.1 Automatic part combining. However, it doesn't work for three parts (actually there are many situations where it doesn't
work that well for two parts either).

However, you can always just put them as three parallel lines in the same Voice context.

Example:

flI = \relative c''{ c4. e8 g4 e }
flII = \relative c''{ e4. g8 c4 g }
flIII = \relative c'''{ c4. e8 g4 c, }

\score{
 \new Voice << \flI \flII \flIII >>
}

  /Mats

Quoting plutek <address@hidden>:

greetings!

i am copying an orchestral score in which there are three flute parts, always in rhythmic unison. we would like them to appear in the full score as chords, but still be easily extracted for parts. is there a way (other than a lot of cut'n'paste) to do this?

my basic strategy for the piece is separate files for each instrument, combined with includes in the score. i'm using lilypond v2.7.32.

thanks!

-p