Re: Windows GUI

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Windows GUI
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 13:57:17 +0100

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 11.26, Ramana Kumar wrote:
> > (minor correction: these projects are implementations of GNU, not Linux
> > emulators. They require that you rebuild packages, and they do not offer
> > binary compatibility between platforms. Porting denemo to mingw or cygwin
> > is probably a difficult task)
>
> I assumed you would be compiling denemo from source ... which should
> be doable on cygwin or mingw shouldn't it ? it shouldn't be any harder
> than compiling denemo on some other gnu/linux once you've got mingw or
> cygwin set up correctly.

I'm not convinced. There are painful differences between GNU/Linux systems and
GNU/cygwin, and I think compiling stuff for cygwin still requires quite some
expertise. (there may be some dependencies on linux-only libs, for example).
However, I have never tried cygwin so I don't know how hard this might be.

If you think it's easy, you can always give it a try. I suppose the denemo
folks will be happy if someone ports them to cygwin.

--
Erik