Re: \tempo not working

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: \tempo not working
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:02:39 -0500

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 07:27 am, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Ed Baskerville wrote:
> > I just responded on bug-lilypond with a link to previous
documentation
> > of the problem:
> >
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2004-02/msg00346.html
> >
> > For now, you can use Mighty MIDI for playback, available on
> > versiontracker.com.

You can clean up the MIDI file by importing lilypond's product into
midge, a GNU midi editor.  The format is utterly alien to lilypond,
but to change velocities and tempos it's a snap.  If it chokes, try
going through abc first.  lily --> midi --> abc --> midi --> midge
edit --> midi.  Not nearly as bad as it looks.  daveA

--
Free download of technical exercises worth a lifetime of practice:
"Dynamic Guitar Technique": http://www.openguitar.com/instruction.html