How to get no lyrics in foreplay

From: Hendrik Maryns
Subject: How to get no lyrics in foreplay
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:43:05 +0100

Hi,

I?m not sure about the word foreplay, I mean Dutch voorspel, it is a
short piece of music that comes before the main piece, typical in
folklore dance music.  Concretely, I have a song (Erev shell shoshanim),
which has this foreplay, and then the text begins.  I can?t manage to
get the text to start in the right place.  How can I postpone the
beginning of the lyrics?

It?s been a while since I used Lilypond and wrote this piece, and I want
to finish it now, never having accomplished the problem.

It is almost perfectly what I want, except for the misplaced lyrics.

Here is what I have:

\version "2.6.0"
\header{
        title = "Erev shell shoshanim"
        composer = "Israƫl"
}

\layout {
        \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
}

\score{
\new StaffGroup
%\override SystemStartBracket #'transparent = ##t
<<
\override Score.RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup #'remove-first = ##t
\chords {
        d1*2:m g1:m d:m
        d1:m g1*2:m d1:m
        d:m c a:m d:m
        d:m g g:m d:m
        g:m d:m c d:m
}
\new Staff \relative c' {
        \time 4/4
        \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
        \key f \major
        \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'( 0.0 . 5.0 )
        d4^\markup{Voorspel} d8 c d2
        d4 d8 c d2 \breathe
        d4 e8 f g4 f8 e
        f4 e d2
        \bar "||"
        \break
        \bar "|:"
        \repeat volta 2 {
                d4 d8 c d4 f
                g2~ g4 \breathe d
                g g8 f g4 a
                f1
                f4 f8 e f4 g
                e8[( f)] e[( d)] c2 \breathe
                e4 e8 d e4 f
                d1
        }
        \break
        \repeat volta 2{
                a'4 a8 g a4 f
                g2~ g4 \breathe d
                g g8 f g4 a
                f1
                g4 g8 f g4 a
                f~ f8 e d2 \breathe
                e4 e8 d c4 d
                d2. r4
\addlyrics {
        %\override SeparationItem #'padding = #0.1
        %\override LyricHyphen  #'minimum-length = #0.0
        \skip 1
        E -- rev shell sho -- sha -- nim
        net -- se na el ha -- bus -- tan
        mor be -- sa -- nim u -- le -- vo -- na
        le ra -- ge -- lech mif -- tan.
        Lai -- la yo -- red le -- hat,
        ve -- ru -- ach sho -- shan nosh -- la
        ha -- va el chash lach shir ba -- lat,
        ze mer -- shell a -- ha -- va.
}
\new Staff
\relative c' {
        #(set-accidental-style 'modern)
        \key f \major
        s1*4
        d4 d8 c d4 a'
        b2~ b4 \breathe a
        bes bes8 a bes4 d
        a1
        a4 a8 g a4 bes
        g8[( a)] g[( f)] e2 \breathe
        g4 g8 f g4 a
        a1
        a4 a8 g a4 c
        b2~ b4 \breathe a
        bes bes8 a bes4 c
        a1
        bes4 bes8 a bes4 c
        a~ a8 g f2 \breathe
        g4 g8 f e4 f
        f2. r4

%{
     \score{ <<
       \context Voice = melody \relative c' {
         c2 e | g e | c1 |
         \context Voice = verse \repeat volta 2 {c4 d e f | g1 | }
         a2 b | c1}
       \lyricsto melody  \context Lyrics = mainlyrics \lyricmode {
         do mi sol mi do
         la si do }
       \lyricsto verse \context Lyrics = mainlyrics \lyricmode {
        do re mi fa sol }
       \lyricsto verse \context Lyrics = repeatlyrics \lyricmode {
        dodo rere mimi fafa solsol }

     }
%}

TIA, H.