question regarding midi2ly

From: Alan
Subject: question regarding midi2ly
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:57:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hello:

There is probably an answer somewhere in the documentation; at the moment,
I cannot find it.  I do not know how to use midi2ly.  The command line specified
in the documentation does not work when I type it into the ly file and compile.

I am new to this code-based stuff: Could you please provide me with a step by
step walkthrough on how I should go about doing the conversion?  I am using
Tiger OS X and have LilyPond 2.6.5-1 installed.

Thank you,

~Alan