Re: Lilypond error for 3 eighth notes

From: Ben Fisher
Subject: Re: Lilypond error for 3 eighth notes
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:59:11 -0800

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I was expecting c'4. c'8 d'[ e'].

I tend to agree Nahum, that this is not expected. I'm not an expert on these matters but generally expect to see 8th notes only grouped together when there is an even number.

I'm not sure what the psychological advantages are to grouping 3 8th notes, to me it looks like triplets at first glance. But if this is the traditional way to do it, then I guess Lilypond is right.

-Ben