Re: impossible layout

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: impossible layout
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:38:15 +0100

David Bobroff wrote:
I'm getting some odd results.  I'm setting a medium sized score
(arrangement of "Mars" from "The Planets" for large brass ensemble).
When processing the score at some font sizes I get impossible output.
Impossible in that LilyPond tries to put a system break on a page.  The
result is that I see just the very tip-top of the "second" system (as
little as two staff lines above the bottem edge of the paper).  There is
obviously room for only one system per page.

Details:

Not all of the parts have the information entered yet.

At some font sizes this strange behavior disappears.

Lily v2.7.34 (recent CVS)

Question:

Do I need to send a *.ly input file or the PDF for inspection?

yes.