Using/installing help

From: Aaron Mehl
Subject: Using/installing help
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 01:21:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I must of missed something.
I have been downloading the new installer and running
it.
I now can't use lilypond globally or locally.
What I mean is if I type lilypond I get an older
version of lilypond which was installed from cvs.

when I move to the /usr/local/lilypond directory non
of the scripts work for me either convert-ly and
musicxml2ly.
they complain about missing pieces.
I see that there is a wrapper for python and guile.

What am I supposed to be doing to get a normal
behaviour from Lilypond?

Thanks
Aaron