Distance of Lyrics to staff with markup

From: Mike Bosschaert
Subject: Distance of Lyrics to staff with markup
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:57:23 +0100

Hi,
I have  a vocal score with 2 staffs. The music starts with R*6 in the soprano
and alto voice and I have a markup on these rests  (^\markup {markuptekst}).
Both the rests with the number of rests are shown above the score and the
markup is printed on top of the rest numbers. The lyrics are also shifted
upward. Now the distance between the staff and the lyrics become extremely
wide. I've added a sample.  Is there a workaround to:
a. make the rest of the soprano and alto voice collide
b. to force the lyrics to its normal distance to the staff.
Thanks
Mike