Note for manual, thanks for features

From: Steve D
Subject: Note for manual, thanks for features
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:03:31 -0700

Just several comments--

To Graham Percival, for the LilyPond manual:
in section 6.1.10, Tuplets, under "Commonly Tweaked Properties," there
is an example that includes "#(ly:make-moment 1 4)" (without the
double-quotes). You may want to provide a brief explanation within that
example as to what exactly those numbers (1 4, or any pair) mean,
although the graphical example that accompanies the code implies what it
may mean.

To Han-Wen:
THANK YOU for your recent work on the tie code. Ties are looking really
good in LilyPond now, and with manual formatting the occasional
difficult tie or tie-column can be easily altered to one's preference.
Because I often use unusual or complex chords for piano, I am extremely
grateful for the improvements in ties with respect to chord structures.

To Nicolas Sceaux:
THANK YOU for the wonderful \parallelMusic functionality. It is so nice
to finally be able to notate both the right- and left-hand parts of a
piano staff together, alternately, bar by bar!

Steve D
New Mexico, US
Switching from one compulsion to another is like switching seats
on the Titanic.