Using lyrics

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Using lyrics
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:35:08 -0500

Greetings,

I've read TFM and yet I think I may not have the proper grasp on how to use lyrics. Here's a small example to illustrate what I'm doing. Hopefully I'm just making a simple mistake.

\version "2.7.35" % Windows XPSP2, Native install

\score {
 \new Staff {
   \context Voice = "mezzo" {c'1}
   \lyricsto "mezzo" {lah }

When I compile, I don't get any lyrics. If I explicitly set \lyricmode before {lah }, I still get no lyrics. I must be missing something important.

Cheers,

Bryan...