Re: lilypond and inkscape (again)

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: lilypond and inkscape (again)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:57:44 +0100

> Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:
>
> > unlikely, as we're not putting the SVG fonts inside the svg
output anyway.

> We are not?  Why is that, I'm sure we did before.  SVG files
without
> fonts will be useless for use on the web, as we cannot hope that
all
> clients have feta installed?

I would really appreciate it if the fonts where included in the
output. As I have not been successful in getting the fonts to load in
Inkscape I have worked out a workaround. Take the PS output from
lilypond and run it through the convert utility from the
imagemagick package to create an EPS (convert output.ps
output.eps) import the EPS into Scribus and save as SVG. This SVG
opens in Scribus (obviously :)), Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator as it
is. This is obviously kind of a lengthy process. The PS to EPS
conversion is because Scribus seems to handle EPS better than PS.

/Henrik