Re: line breaks

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: line breaks
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:53:53 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On 15-Mar-06, at 9:10 AM, Paul Scott wrote:

Would it not be helpful if Lily gave an error when the wrong number of beats are in a bar

This is exactly what the bar line check does! See 6.2.4 Bar check! c'4 c c c | c c c c |

Certainly but I for one don't put | at the end of every bar. I normally only use | when I have a problem.

Are there musical cases where you can have more beats in a bar than the time signature indicates?