Re: My tips page

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: My tips page
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:09:40 -0500

> Make sure you run the "texsetup" or "texconfig" and set the dvips paper
> size to "letterpaper".  For some reason it defaults to A4 -- even when
> you specify "letterpaper" in your .latex (or .lytex) file.  :(

I'll have to play with this more, I guess. I was pulling my hair out
(figuratively) a few months ago trying to get margins to work and
couldn't.

> I don't have to read through the rest in detail now, but many of these
> could be added to the manual.  If somebody has some time, they could
> tell me exactly what to add where, and it could be done before this
> weekend.  Alternately, it could wait until I have time (say,
> mid-April).  :)

What's the level at which something becomes too obscure to be
manual-worthy? (A serious question--I could make some suggestions, but
I don't have a good handle on the criteria, except to strongly urge
including my lyric-spacing tip in place of the one that's currently
there.)

Geoff