Different names of notes

From: Tomasz Bojczuk
Subject: Different names of notes
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 21:01:51 +0200

Hi
Sorry for question not directly connected with Lilypond, but here is the the
best place to ask it, and i (as devoted Lilypond user) can do this :-)(I
hope)
What are different standards of note names in the world ??
For egzample in Poland (and some close countries) notes can be:
1. C C# Db D D# .... A A#  (is Hb) H (i know that in USA and others it is B)
2. C Cis Des D Dis Es E ..... As A Ais B (Hb) H His
   and Cisis Deses Eses etc... Asas Aisis Heses
or 3. Do Do# (we can call "Do with sharp") Re (and "Re with flat") Mi Fa Sol
La Si

Are there any other posibilities in other countries ??

For keys signature names we can tell (or write):
1. C-maj (dur) , e-minor (moll) Fis-maj(dur) or F#-maj(dur)
but never Do-dur (it looks very funny !!)
In east countries (Russia, Ukraine) it is OK (f.e. Do#-major)

Please tell me more

Regards
        Tomasz