Re: Manual rest placement doesn't seem to work

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Manual rest placement doesn't seem to work
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 17:36:24 -0700

On 2-Apr-06, at 4:40 PM, Geoff Horton wrote:

I've been trying to use the manual placement mechanism and it doesn't
seem to work. Before I file it as a bug, though, I want to be sure I'm
doing it right. Code follows, output attached. Basically, I want the
rests of the center line of each staff.

Please remember to check a minimal example:
\version "2.9.1"
{
  c2\rest a'2
}
works perfectly.

There may be some issue with manual rests within polyphony... but it looks fine here:
\version "2.9.1"
{
  << {
  f''2\rest a'2
  f''2\rest a'2
  } \\ {
  d'2\rest f'2
  s2  f'2
  } >>
}

Try these simple examples on your system. If they work, then try to figure out exactly what the difference is between these examples and your situation.

Cheers,
- Graham