Re: Markup next to a note:

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Markup next to a note:
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:00:01 +0200

Not that I know of. The only thing you can place to the left/right
of a note is fingering instructions and I don't know any trick to fool LilyPond into typesetting anything else than numbers as fingerings. Maybe someone feels like sponsoring Han-Wen to implement a more general solution, you are certainly not the first one to ask the question.

  /Mats

Quoting Geoff Horton <address@hidden>:

I want to put a small script to the left of a note. This puts it below the note:

d2_\markup \small \italic "Org."

Is there any way short of using manual offsets to move it?

Geoff