RE: Middle line stem direction in 2.8

From: Father Panteleimon
Subject: RE: Middle line stem direction in 2.8
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:06:37 -0400

Thank you, Werner, for the informative reply regarding stem direction &
slurs. The "levitating slur" is the only phenomenon that ever makes me think
that LP's output looks unfinished or awkward, although I may be ill-informed
and prejudiced on this matter, since the wysiwyg output I'm accustomed to
always has the slurs begin and end very close to noteheads or stems. If
slurs were always hand drawn, and can't see (intuitively) why anyone would
have them so far from the note as they appear in my previous example.
Perhaps the old-engraving methods of dealing with this problem can be
studied and incorporated into LP at some future point.
But even if they aren't it will still look better than anything else. [8^)>

Fr. P