Re: Reverse-direction ties?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Reverse-direction ties?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:31:16 +0200

Dave LaDelfa wrote:

The workaround in other software I've used (predominantly MusicPress) is to
manually set each tie in the "wrong" direction. The problem with this is that
once you transpose the notes (e.g. to extract a horn or clarinet part) you have
to go through and manually redo any of the ties whose notes have crossed the
center line and flipped stem direction. This seems like it would be a horrendous
nightmare in Lilypond due to the way the scores and parts typically derive from
the same notestream.

Hi,

have a look at lily/tie.cc, get_default_direction(). I can softcode this so you can access this as a user - as a sponsored mini-feature (for 40 eur.)

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com