Re: LilyPad (was: Change pdf viewer on mac)

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: LilyPad (was: Change pdf viewer on mac)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:38:49 +0200

Am 2006-04-03 um 00:29 schrieb Ed Baskerville:

you could try my little lilypad app:
a vastly improved version should be out within the month with completion, syntax coloring, and hopefully some other nice features. i am also planning on releasing it under the gpl.

This are great news!
I really like the general behaviour of LilyPad (and it runs much better than jEdit+LilyTool on my Mac).

Some small requests (perhaps everything done already):
- save default size & position of windows (I want editor & preview side by side)
- line numbering in editor window!
- please make completion switchable (I find it very nasty in most editors, because it gets in your way, swallows keys, slows down typing etc.)
- run convert-ly
- switch off auto-preview temporarily (without going to the prefs)
- increase/decrease indent of marked lines using tab/shift-tab (the actual keys don't work on every int'l keyboard) - the MIDI player doesn't understand speed settings (but I guess that's beyond your scope)

Regarding auto-preview:
It's really a nice feature, but doesn't yet behave "just right".
I'd like to start it with every "save" (or after the delay) and then run through (but stoppable), regardless what I type in the meantime. For it's not possible to just preview the part I work at, that would show my progress better than if I must stop typing to see anything.
Perhaps you can make that behaviour configurable, too.

(I just donated.)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm (I'm an assurer)