Re: No pagebreaks within a score?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: No pagebreaks within a score?
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:58:46 +0200

A side comment: If you just have a single \book in your .ly file,
you can just as well remove it, since LilyPond will silently add
a \book around its input if there isn't one. The only reason to
use \book is if you want more than a single output PDF file from
one and the same input .ly file, since each \book block will
result in a new output file. (The only exception to what I
just said is if you use lilypond-book, see the mailing list archives
for more details).
 /Mats

Buddha Buck wrote:

I'm trying to put lots of scores in a \book, and I want the output such that no score is split between two pages. I don't care if a page ends up half-full because the next score is too long to fit on the bottom of the page, but requiring my musicians to turn pages is, in this case, bad.

For the most part, the scores I'm doing are only 4 line long, and I can easily get 2 on a page, but right now lilypond is sometimes wanting to put the header and one line on the bottom of one page under another piece or two, and then the remainder on the next page, and this condition simply propagates through the book.

I've tried adding \score { \pageBreak } between scores where I know pagebreaks should fall, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems