Re: PDF size

From: Bart Kummel
Subject: Re: PDF size
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 23:49:19 +0200

Hi!

I'm also suffering from huge PDF files. Turning off point-and-click does help just a little bit. I saw the source code patch for Ghostscript on lilypond-bug, but unfortunately I'm not able to recompile my own Ghostscript. Is there some patched binary available somewhere? I'm on Windows XP. (Using lily 2.8.0).

Best regards,
Bart Kummel, Hilversum, The Netherlands.

On 4/5/06, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden > wrote:
Harald Wellmann wrote:

>> I hope you have seen the related emails on the mailing list.
>>

> I've seen some, but none that really solved my problem. That's why I
> posted my question. Unless you have a specific link to a thread, a
> reference to "related emails" does not really help...

I should have hinted you to also search the archives of
bug-lilypond. For example, you will find:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2006-03/msg00296.html
which tells that the culprit is Ghostscript and how to
fix it (if you're prepared to recompile Ghostscript).

   /Mats