Re: Newbie, Some quick chord questions?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Newbie, Some quick chord questions?
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:03:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, I'm actually finding plenty of work-arounds and happy.

I did get my chords to appear under the voltas just fine, see my post today
on how to do it in another thread.

As a former Finale user I find that LilyPond is infinitely more productive
once you have built your basic templates.  After that it's just a matter of
entering song data in separate .ly files that just set data variables for
the included template to use.  When a new version comes along, hopefully
you'll only have to upgrade a few template ly files and not all your songs,
we'll see.  After living with about 10 other GUI based programs this has
been the best and easiest to enter the song data by typing.