Re: Macro pre-processing?

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: Macro pre-processing?
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:50:02 -0400

> Just read sections 11.1.3 and 11.1.6 in the manual.

That's far more complicated than I want, and even further more
complicated than a musician who's not a computer programmer is going
to want to deal with--please note that those sections are in the
chapter on "Interfaces for Programmers". Why should I have to know
Scheme and the details of LilyPond implementation if all I want to do
is save a little typing and come up with a less busy-looking input
file?

LilyPond is powerful, and I'd like to see more of that power made more
easily accessible. I'm not asking for changes to the basic syntax at
all--anything I'd come up with would be a totally optional pre-pass
system.

Geoff