Re: Joined triplets?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Joined triplets?
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:03:18 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On 6-Apr-06, at 12:46 PM, Stewart Holmes wrote:

\times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } \times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } \times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } \times 2/3 { des,8 ees f } These triplets are all joined together with one beam. How do I beam so that each set of triplets is beamed separately?

You read the documentation, section 6.1.10 Tuplets.

You could also use manual beaming, but 6.1.10 has a nicer way of doing it.
I just reread that section. I don't see beaming mentioned at all. I have been meaning to ask why the default beaming for both tuplets and \grace, etc. isn't the notes contained in the braces. This doesn't seem to be true but seems the most obvious to me. IOW I don't see why I should have to do:

\times 2/3 { a8[ b c] }
or
\grace{ a16[ b] }

which I often (if not always) have to do.

Paul Scott