can't find voice (to attach \lyricsto)

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: can't find voice (to attach \lyricsto)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:46:37 -0400

Hello, all --

I'm trying to engrave a two-voice piece (a cappella), but I'm getting the warning

    warning: cannot find Voice `she'

What am I doing wrong? I've tried instantiating explict Staff contexts, adding and removing quotes, using \new Lyrics or \addlyrics, and nothing seems to solve the problem.

I thought this was exactly like the docs example...  =\

Thanks,
Kieren.

_____________________________________

\version "2.8.1"

\include "english.ly"

#(set-global-staff-size 14)
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")

\paper
{
        line-width = 6.5\in
        bottom-margin = .5\in
}

global =
{
    \time 4/4
    \key c \major
}

sheNotes = \relative c''
{
        \clef treble
        s1
}
sheLyrics = \lyricmode
{
        We grow ac -- cust -- omed to the Dark-
        A Mom -- ent-
}

heNotes = \relative c
{
        \clef bass
        r4 e f b
        c8 b4. b16 b b2
        r4 b, c8 a' r4
}
heLyrics = \lyricmode
{
        We grow ac -- cust -- omed to the Dark-
        A Mom -- ent-
}

\score
{
        <<
                \override Score.LyricText #'font-size = #.5
                \new Voice = "she"
                {
                         << \global \dynamicUp \sheNotes >>
                }