Making ligature brackets all horizontal

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Making ligature brackets all horizontal
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:44:15 +0200

I've been filddling a little with a context for pipebans snare drum.
One of the things needed is a way to put a bracket above arbitrary
music to indicate the tytti passages. I first tried this by using
\startGroup and \endGroup. That worked, but the syntax was a bit
awkward. I have reread the manual now, and realised that this can be
done much better using \[ \], i.e. ligature brackets.

In order for this to work just right, I need to tweak the ligature
brackets so they are always put on the same height, and are always
horizontal. Could someone give me a hint to the properties that needs
tweaking?

Thanks a lot.

--
Sven Axelsson