Re: Helping with the documentation

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: Helping with the documentation
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:12:02 -0300

"Bart Kummel" <address@hidden> writes:

> So I was thinking of a method to make contibuting to the docs more
> easy. Perhaps it's a good idea to set up a wiki for the docs.

this was done in the past without success. a wiki would be an advantage
(besides it's shortcomings) if there was a good number of people wiling
to maintain it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. the current docs
are in much better shape now than ever, and the format in use allows to
generate html pages and pdf as well.

if one wants to help, the easiest way is to write in plain text and send
it to Graham, he will take care of the necessary conversion to the
format in use (texinfo).

Pedro