Re: System at bottom page on score

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: System at bottom page on score
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:34:59 -0400

    DK> Anyone know a reason why it isn't?
    >> \paper {
    >> ragged-bottom = ##t
    >> }
    >>
    >> I'm not sure why this isn't the default.

I would guess that in the situation where you need the staff to line
up with the staff on the next page, you would want a non-ragged
bottom, so that the person playing a middle staff in an 8-staff
system would be able to just follow a straight line.  But I think the
situation where the space between the title and the first staff looks
wierd is probably more common.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139