Re: Syllables not centered under notes after volta

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Re: Syllables not centered under notes after volta
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:01:30 -0300

Hello Eyolf!
It looks like a bug. Why would it be left-aligned after all? But it appears
that Lilypond didn't like this structure of creating 2 voices contexts,
namely "stollen" and "abgesang", and then, in the score block, creating
another voice context (called "one") comprising them. So, if you just
eliminate the context "stollen" and assign lyrics to "one", instead,
everything is fine. See instructions:
=>Replace:
%melody:
\context Voice = stollen {
        \repeat volta 2 {
        \partial 2
        g'2 | fis4 g a2 a | g4 a b2 c |
        b4 a g2 fis4( g) | a2 g
%repeated music

=>With:
%melody:
        \repeat volta 2 {
        \partial 2
        g'2 | fis4 g a2 a | g4 a b2 c |
        b4 a g2 fis4( g) | a2 g
%repeated music
}

=>And replace:
\lyricsto "stollen"

=>With:
\lyricsto "one"

I'm not in a position to judge it a bug. I'm a beginner. So, I'll let the
experts have their judgement.

Best regards,

Eduardo Vieira