RE: LilyPond and OpenDocument

From: Kress, Stephen
Subject: RE: LilyPond and OpenDocument
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 22:12:05 -0500

Is there a reason you can't use

    lilypond --backend=eps myfile.ly

?  This should create an EPS file which OO knows how to import.  If you want the ability to edit what LP puts out, this won't give you what you need, though.  If you're actually making a document, it may be easier to use LP to just do the music (creating EPS files) and do the text editing in OO Writer.  I'm not entirely sure, but you may be able to use something like Paint Shop Pro (costs) or The Gimp (free) to actually edit the pieces of the EPS files.