Re: (semi-OT) making tabloid-sized booklets

From: John Hawkinson
Subject: Re: (semi-OT) making tabloid-sized booklets
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 22:45:21 -0400

Christian Conkle <address@hidden> wrote on Thu, 11 May 2006
at 00:33:30 -0500 in <address@hidden>:

> This does in fact help tremendously, thanks!  I'm preparing a score and
> parts for a performance next week, and these instructions have been
> invaluable. However, they don't work "out-of-the-box" anymore!  With
> psutils 1.17 just like you, and Lilypond 2.7.30, running
> pstobook|psnup|ps2pdf produced output where each "logical" page was
> apperently centered on the edge of the output page: half cut-off.
> Producing a PS via lilypond --pdf and pdftops produced proper output.  I
> know that people have been talking about Lilypond's postscript output for a
> while (I applied John Hawkinson's patch to print on 9x12 paper as required
> by my orchestra), and I wonder if anybody's interested in rooting out
> what's going on.  (Postscript scares me a bit.)

By the way, I'm sorry for not having had time to finish productionizing
my PostScript patches. I expect I'll have time in late May.

It is possible (even likely!) that using my patch is causing a problem
for the psbook|psnup stage. Can you try without my patch to confirm?

Also, does the psnup output look correct in gv if you change the
viewing paper size?

--jhawk