newbie part extraction on same page

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: newbie part extraction on same page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 07:42:51 -0700 (PDT)

How can I extract 2 parts to print independently on the same page?  Lets say
I have a 12 measure duet.  I want to print the entire first part on the left
(or top) half of the page, and the entire second part on the right (or
bottom) half of the page, as 2 separate systems beginning to end.  I could
not find any examples of this.  Does it involve using the \book container
which I have no experience with?  (There are also times I want the parts
printed as a single system but thats working already, now using the same
data variables, I want to do a same-page part extract.)

If someone can just steer me in the right direction I'm sure I can figure it
out,

Thanks