Re: clef transposition: tenor -> bass

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: clef transposition: tenor -> bass
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 03:28:53 -0700

Roman wrote:
Hi,

I specify my peace of music as a trombone part

staffTrombone = {
   \key c \major
   \clef tenor
   \relative c {
       \time 3/4
       c c c
   } }
This trombone part should be transposed to bass clef, but I don't know how to do this and would like to let lilypond do the work. ;-)
Then just change the word "tenor" (as above) to "bass" as I have done:

staffTrombone = {
  \key c \major
  \clef bass        % formerly \clef tenor
  \relative c {
      \time 3/4
      c c c
  } }

That's all there is to it. Those C's will appear on the second space of the bass clef instead of just below the tenor staff. You have already specified three C's one octave below middle C. Lilypond will put in the right place for whatever clef you choose.

Paul