lilypond-book fragment with ties/slurs continuing over the end of the fr

From: Vaclav Smilauer
Subject: lilypond-book fragment with ties/slurs continuing over the end of the fragment
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:04:48 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I tried to typeset fragments that have slurs and ties that continue to the part
of music that is not in the fragment. The fragments are block-aligned; I would
like to produce the slur/tie as if the fragment was line-broken at the end, but
without the other line appearing. I tried two approaches:

1. "... | c1 ~| \hideNotes\stopStaff c": the staff was aligned as if the hidden
bit was there (i.e. it was narrower than \hsize); also, the tie did not look as
pretty as it should.

2. "... | c1 ~| \break\hideNotes\stopStaff c": the alignment was perfect, the
tie was also perfect, but I got clef, bar number and the other part of the
broken tie printed.

I hope that I expressed myself clearly and that I did not overlook something in
the documentation. Thanks,

Vaclav Smilauer