Re: Even and odd page-margins [slightly OT]

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Even and odd page-margins [slightly OT]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:17:39 -0700 (PDT)

Sure, but the key element is still that an opened book always has "mirrored
margins".  It's all depends on how you do your book binding of course.  I
have one of those plastic spine binders that I use to make my fake books
that allow the paper to lay pretty flat when opened.  I suppose if you glue
bound the pages on a stiff spine then you would need more room for the arc
created out of the spine.  I know someone who did this very effectively
using construction adhesive and 120lb stock for the cover to create a
rectangular spine.  That carpenters construction adhesive (available in
caulking tubes from lumber suppliers) really holds the pages tight, much
better than rubber based binding glues.  (hell it can hold your drywall on
too)