Lilypond engine getting stuck...

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Lilypond engine getting stuck...
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:36:50 +0100 (BST)

I'm using version 2.8.3

I've run into a problem with Lilypond getting "stuck" on a file. The score uses relatively complex rhythms combined with text, and I gave up on trying to use \lyricsto - there were just too many melismata that I had to override etc. Instead I've just inserted all the rhythmic values into the \lyrics context (including many tuplets - it gives me a warning message for each one "no-one to print a tuplet start bracket" but up until now seemed to work normally.) I've been checking the file as I went along, and it worked fine. Now it always gets stuck at the same point, and I really can't see what is wrong with it. It doesn't give me an error message, it just keeps running indefinitely.

Is this a known bug in the program, and if so is there a newer version I can install to fix the problem?

I've attached the file. If someone could take the time to try running it on your system, I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks,

Vivian.