Voltas and automatic bars

From: Elmo Todurov
Subject: Voltas and automatic bars
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:51:37 +0000 (UTC)

Hi! I'm yet new to LilyPond, but I like it very much. It's great.

I have a song where a repeat starts in the middle of the measure.
LilyPond correctly counts the beats in the first alternative, but
when calculating the second alternative, it doesn't think of that
the repeat starts in the middle of a measure so it inserts a full
measure, which messes up the whole song afterwards )= What to do?

The song itself looks like this:
c4 c4 c4 c4 | c4 c4 |: c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4 {| a4 a4 :|} {d4 d4 |}
or
c4 c4 \repeat volta 2 {c4 c4 | c4 c4 c4 c4}
\alternative { {a4 a4} {d4 d4} }
Now here should be a bar line, but it instead gives a full measure.

Terribly worried,
Elmo