Re: Converting from MusicXML to Lilypond format

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Converting from MusicXML to Lilypond format
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:06:25 -0700

On 7-Jun-06, at 9:26 AM, David Bolton wrote:

I would like to convert MusicXML files to lilypond format on Microsoft Windows.
The documentation is of no help:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Converting- from-other-
formats.html#Converting-from-other-formats

As it says in the documentation, "Describing how to use this part of an operating system is outside the scope of this manual; please consult other documentation on this topic if you are unfamiliar with the command-line."

There are ten thousand introductory "how to use the command line" tutorials on the internet. I saw no need to write another one -- especially since I don't have windows, so I don't know what exactly to do. Find out how to get to the command line in your version of windows (try a google search for "windows XP command line" (if that's your version of windows)), then cd to the lilypond directory, and type the

musicxml --output...

command.

Cheers,
- Graham Percival, LilyPond Documentation Editor