Re: How to spread a mono-system score over the page

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: How to spread a mono-system score over the page
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 12:40:33 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
Hi friends.

I have an orchestral score with 17 staves (15 instruments plus singing and lyrics) in 4 groups. Of course, given the number of staves, only one system fits on each page.

I want to avoid having "short" pages. They show up when the height of the 17 staves happens to be small (e.g., when notes tend to keep in between the 5 lines of each staff, or on pages with little or no marks over or under the staves).

Is there a way to tell Lilypond to "stretch" each system, increasing the distance between staves when necessary, in order to fill the page?
You don't mention what version you are using.  For 2.8.x look at:

       10.5.4 Vertical spacing

in the manual.

HTH,

Paul Scott