Re: barline problem

From: Graydon
Subject: Re: barline problem
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:48:26 -0400

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 01:15:35AM -0700, Dewdman42 scripsit:
> Printing looks fine.  I tried installing 3 different third party pdf
> viewers, none of which looked any good at all..they all had drastic
> line connection and line width issues.  Perhaps someone can explain
> this to me or tall me a pdf viewer that knows how to display properly
> PDF's which have been rendered by lilypond.

kpdf -- which won't do you any good if you're not running linux -- works
fine for the lilypond output I generate.

> I have created many PDF's myself through other programs that looked
> WYSIWYG perfect.  Apparantly lilypond is not that greatest at
> producing PDF's.  The printer output was excellent though.

PDF's display elements are a proper subset of postscript, and you can
(wiht the right software) go round-trip from each format through the
other one without loss.

Many display programs don't handle _all_ the postscript vector
constructs; it's the usual tradeoff between fast and complete.  Printer
drivers, on the other hand, are expected to handle all of it.  They're
not going to _add_ information that isn't there in the original PDF,
after all.

-- Graydon