RehearsalMark with full-measure rest

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: RehearsalMark with full-measure rest
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:38:25 -0400

Hello, all --

I've posted about this issue a couple of times (see <http:// lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-06/msg00248.html>), and would love *any* response -- even a "it can't be done", or whatever... =)

I'd like to be able to control whether my RehearsalMark forces its measure to have a specific width, or whether it rolls over the barline. The default behaviour is particularly irritating when one (or more) of the parts in a full score have a full-measure rest -- see example code, below.

Essentially, it seems to boil down to being able to implement the opposite of \fatText -- I've tried using \emptyText and #'no-spacing- rods, but neither appear to solve the problem.

Thanks!
Kieren.

%%%  CODE SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.8.4"