RE: AllAbout Examples

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: AllAbout Examples
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:37:08 -0500

Graham -

AllAbout examples usually will be much larger than the LSR entries and too
big for the manual.  Think about an AllAbout that displays all font sets,
one to demonstrate vertical layout options for a multipage score, one
showing lots of ways to use \markup, or the many ways to enter and display
rests.  The concept is to build near exhaustive examples of very narrow
topics.

The LSR entries seem to be short things that haven't made the cut for Tips
and Tricks or Regression Tests.  Further, I find the LSR out of the
mainstream (not linked from the LilyPond documentation page) and awkward to
use (don't find a way to download as a one-big-page searchable html or pdf).

If "Examples" has another use, consider adding a parallel for the AllAbouts.

AllAboutAlternateScaling.ly is attached, a work in progress but maybe useful
enough to post as is.  I'll try uploading to LSR.

                   - Bruce