Lilypond opens another "cmd window"

From: Ignacio
Subject: Lilypond opens another "cmd window"
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:43:24 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all:

I´m a new user of lilypond, I´ve installed lilypond version 2.8.4.1 in a win2K
box. My problem is that I can´t see any activity when I invoke lilypond from the
"cmd" window (console).
In fact, when I invoke lilypond (E:\music\source>lilypond piece.ly) windows (or
lilypond) opens another "cmd" window empty.
But the source file gets processed normally, and the program generates
a "piece.ps" and "piece.pdf" (gv complains when opening the piece.ps although
I've disabled hyperlink generation) and piece.log

On the other hand, I can't generate dvi nor tex output by means of --format=dvi
or -f dvi. It seems to be some misconfiguration or something I can't figure out
about configuration.

the -V (verbose) option doesn´t work either.

The program opens lilypad when there´s a source error, and the extra windows
gets closed when I close lilypad.

It would be useful for me to see what is doing lilypond when compiling.

Any suggestion?

Thanks a Lot
Ignacio