Re: Lilypond opens another "cmd window"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond opens another "cmd window"
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:07:41 +0200

Ignacio wrote:

Hi all:

I´m a new user of lilypond, I´ve installed lilypond version 2.8.4.1 in a win2K box. My problem is that I can´t see any activity when I invoke lilypond from the
"cmd" window (console).
In fact, when I invoke lilypond (E:\music\source>lilypond piece.ly) windows (or lilypond) opens another "cmd" window empty. But the source file gets processed normally, and the program generates a "piece.ps" and "piece.pdf" (gv complains when opening the piece.ps although I've disabled hyperlink generation) and piece.log

Here, the window pops up quickly and then disappears again. If I recall
correctly, this didn't happen when you called lilypond from the command
line in earlier 2.8.x versions, only when you double-clicked on a .ly file.

On the other hand, I can't generate dvi nor tex output by means of --format=dvi or -f dvi. It seems to be some misconfiguration or something I can't figure out
about configuration.
The tex and dvi output is no longer supported. Why did you want it?

the -V (verbose) option doesn´t work either.

The program opens lilypad when there´s a source error, and the extra windows gets closed when I close lilypad.

It would be useful for me to see what is doing lilypond when compiling.
I have already reported this bug.

  /Mats