Left AND Right aligning RehearsalMarks.

From: Bryan Murdaugh
Subject: Left AND Right aligning RehearsalMarks.
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:24:51 +0000 (UTC)

I've seen documentation and support answers that talk about how to right align
marks (like the proper placement of a 'Fine' mark).  What I cannot figure out
after hours of tinkering and tweaking and slamming my head into the desk is how
to get a left-aligned rehearsal mark (like a segno) and a right-aligned
rehearsal mark (like a fine) in the same bar line.  What am I doing wrong?  It
would take 50 pages to paste everything I've tried, but here is a snippet of the
latest attempt:

(NOTE: I want to make the Segno left aligned and the "to Verses" right aligned.)

     refrainmelody = \relative c'' {
        \clef treble
        \key g \major
        \time 4/4
        \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno"
" Refrain (repeat first time
only)" }
        \repeat volta 2 {r4 g4 b4 g4 d'4 c8 b8 a2 r4 d4 d4 c8 b8 a2 g2 }
                \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility =
#begin-of-line-invisible
                \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X =
#right
                \mark "to Verses"
                \break
        }

        verseonemelody = \relative c'' {
        \mark "Verse 1"
                r8 g8 g8 g8 fs4 g8 a8 b4 r2.
                r8 b8 b8 b8 c4 b4 a2 g2
                r4 g4 a2 c4 b4 a4 g4
                r8 g8 g8 g8 a4 g8 fs8 b4 g4 r2
                \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X =
#right
                \mark "D.S." \bar "||" \break