Re: Quote within markup

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: Re: Quote within markup
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:29:08 -0700

Palmer, Ralph wrote:
Hi, Daniel Johnson -

I'm using jEdit. The default font looks like Times New Roman; at least,
it's seriffed. Character encoding is set to UTF-8. I cannot find any
place to 1) set the font (typeface); 2) find an "insert symbol" utility;
or 3) find a place to set curly quotes.

Anyone out there using jEdit who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ralph
I'm guessing you're using Windows. In that case, you have 2 possible solutions: 1. Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Character Map (copy & paste) 2. Alt-0147 for left quotes, Alt-0148 for right quotes. Hold down Alt while you type the numbers from the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard, then release Alt when finished.