Re: Standard sheet music in (US)

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Standard sheet music in (US)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:29:51 -0700 (PDT)

I made all those changes but that is not working for me.  When I open the PDF
in Adobe and view the "Print" panel the "document size" says 8.5x11 and
"paper size" says 9x12.  So if I use "Page Scaling: None" things are not
right.  They should both say 9x12 so that there is no need to rescale the
page at all in Adobe to fit the paper, it should be a perfect match from the
outset.

It is a similar problem with the lilypond.pdf user manual, the document size
is 8.3x11.7 (European paper) but the print size is 8.5x11 (US Letter), so to
print the lilypond manual you must also scale it in Adobe.  This is
understandable as the user manual is manually produced.  But lp output is
automated so document and paper size should match exactly.

A few months ago John Hawkinson had a fix that wrote the proper Adobe header
so that Adobe document and paper sizes were equal.  I had this fix loaded on
2.8.0 but lost it, it worked perfectly and it needs to be restored.

Here is the thread:

http://www.nabble.com/Producing-postscript-for-custom-paper-size-%289x12%22-manuscript-paper%29--tf1388381.html#a3738334

John Hawkinson made the fix very nicely, and I'd like to see it
incorporated.

If all you changed was paper.scm and your lp source file, then you must have
to also be scaling the page to fit paper in Adobe to print it, as I have
tried this much too.

When you display the Print dialog, do the document and paper sizes match in
the preview area, (do both say 9x12)?