Chord name exception not getting a match

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Chord name exception not getting a match
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:27:25 -0700 (PDT)

If you would be so kind as to run the following code snippit (just paste and
run)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

\version "2.8.5"
\include "english.ly"

jazzyChordsMusic =
{
  <c ef g f'>-\markup { "foo" }
  <c e g bf df a'>-\markup { "foofoo" }
  % Add more as needed
}

jazzyChordsAdd = #(append
  (sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions jazzyChordsMusic #t)
  ignatzekExceptions)

jazzyChords =
{
  \set chordNameExceptions = #jazzyChordsAdd
}

\new ChordNames \with {
   voltaOnThisStaff = ##t
   chordChanges = ##t
   chordNameSeparator = " "
   \consists "Instrument_name_engraver"
   instrument = \markup { \sans "Guitar" }
}

{ \jazzyChords
   \relative c <c ef g f'>4
   \relative c <c e g bf df a'>4
}

The first chord name exception "C m add11" matches fine to my score and
provides the exception "foo".

However the second chord name exception "C 7 b9 add13" does not match and
does not provide an exception in my score (even if the score root is C).

Even if I reverse the order of the 2 exceptions in the list above, still no
match for the C7b9add13 chord.

Why would one chord name exception work and another one not work?

I'm trying to eliminate the word "add" from some of my chord names to save
space on the page.

I think the chord exceptions table lookup routine might have a bug when
looking up chord name exceptions.

Can someone on the coding side please verify this test and maybe provide a
work-around I can use in my music?

thanks
Rick